Our focus on representing companies, boards of directors and equity holders—including entrepreneurs and private equity firms—enables us to avoid creditor representations that would give us a conflict of interest in aggressively representing our clients. Among firms expert in the restructuring business, we differentiate ourselves through our ability to provide such conflict-free advice.
We bring an exceptional combination of financial advisory experience in complex and distressed situations and a successful track record in providing expert witness and litigation support services.
The Gordian Advantage
We are industry generalists but experts in complex, challenging, and other special situations.
- We focus exclusively on representing companies, boards of directors, and equity holders.
- Avoiding financial creditor representations allows us to more effectively advocate for our clients.
- We do not trade securities, nor do we have an active bondholder advisory practice.
- We are skilled negotiators specializing in creative and bold approaches that advantage our clients.
- We successfully convince disparate parties to agree to outcomes that promote our client’s goals.
- We do not provide cookie-cutter action plans.
Senior Level Deal Teams
- Gordian only takes on a limited number of assignments at any one time. We do not simply process deals.
- Our professionals bring decades of experience and creativity to each client’s situation.
- Each assignment is staffed with at least two senior level professionals.
Experts in Complex Situations
- We regularly parachute into time-critical situations and almost always achieve outstanding results.
- We are used to getting up to speed quickly and effectively for our clients.
- We wrote the definitive works in our field on the methods and complexities of this niche advisory space.
Extensive Litigation &
Expert Witness Experience
- Gordian provides its clients with superior litigation support services based on real word investment banking and capital markets experience.
- We are recognized leaders in matters involving valuation, damages, solvency / fraudulent conveyance and quality of due diligence.
Track Record on
Behalf of Equity
- We have had tremendous success working on behalf of private equity firms and their portfolio.
- We authored the definitive works in the restructuring advisory field, most recently in Equity Holders Under Siege, the authoritative guide for Old Equity to gain the advantage in tough situations.
Gordian has been honored for its work on many of its engagements, including Alphatec Spine, American Airlines, Ben & Jerry’s, Jobson, Metalico, MM&A Railway, Spansion, Trans Energy, Xtreme Power and Wellman Dynamics.
Click here for a summary of certain awards given to Gordian for its work.
Click here for case studies on certain of our past engagements.
Click here for case studies on certain successful shareholder engagements.