The Knowledge Group will hold a 2-hour live webcast on Hot Topics in Bankruptcy: A Discussion of Where The Legal and Deal Action Is At in 2011 and Where It Is Headed LIVE Webcast on Monday, December 19, 2011 from 3:00pm to 5:00pm EST.
You are entitled to a special discount of $25 off the registration fee for this event courtesy of Gordian Group by applying discount code gordian9567 on the second page of the registration form.
Register for this Course ID: 114143
You can also register online.
The program will be divided into two major discussion topics.
Part 1: Update on Legal issues and Trends in Distressed Acquisitions
- Circuit split regarding secured lenders’ right to credit bid. Will the Supreme Court get involved?
- In re Philadelphia Newspapers, LLC, 599 F.3d 298 (3d Cir. 2010)
- In re River Road Hotel Partners LLC, et al., Case No. 09-30029 (N.D. IL.)
- Update on bid protections trends and battles
- Role of junior debt in the sale process
- Cheaper and faster alternatives to bankruptcy courts sales: foreclosures and assignments for the benefit of creditors
Part 2: The Dealmakers
- What is the role of private equity and distressed investors in the new economic climate?
- Where is the movement?
- Strategies for when to buy and when to hold.
- Is there still incentive to be a stalking horse bidder?
- Acquiring distressed debt as part of an acquisition strategy
- Industries to watch in 2012
The Knowledge Group, LLC/The Knowledge Congress is a firm that produces a series of live webcasts which examine trends, regulatory and technology changes across a variety of industries.